The aim of this project was to expand and strengthen two non-formal schools in Uttar Pradesh, allowing more girls from lower castes to attend school. Non-formal schools are initiated by the community and as such don’t receive government funding. That’s why they need our help. The renovations took place from 2010-2014 and now the results can fully be appreciated.
With the funding, the schools and facilities have significantly improved, with the following results:
- 70 more girls can attend school
- literacy and numeracy has increased
- 60 girls received books, pencils and bags
- the school has musical instruments
- female teachers have been employed
- increased enrolment also means more children benefit from health check ups and vaccinations
We are very proud to see 70 extra girls in school due to the hard work at NEED.